Tuesday, November 10, 2015

I know He lives and I cannot deny it

Hey guys!

I recently re-studied the part of the Book of Mormon where Christ visits the Americas.  For some reason, the scriptures hit me so much harder than ever before this time around.

I challenge whoever is reading this to go read 3 Nephi chapters 8 through 11.  I felt something reading these chapters today that I cannot deny.

Jesus Christ.
He loves us all infinitely.  He atoned for all of the spirit children of our Heavenly Father that have ever and will ever live a mortal life.  His love and sacrifice catches all pain, suffering, sickness, sin, and heartache.
But how often do we ponder the intimate nature of the atonement within the infinite nature?  I know with my whole being that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, atoned for ME.  He would have gone through the whole process of humiliating torment, excruciating supplication, crucifixion, and resurrection if it had been for only you.  No earthly amount of love or sympathy can compare to that which was displayed for you in Gethsemane, on Calvary, and wherever He walked.  He took upon Himself all burdens so that you might not have to carry them alone.  He underwent all afflictions so that you may not have to feel isolated in your mortal journey.  He loved you enough to die for you--but more impressive, He loved you enough to live for you.  He knows your sins, your weaknesses, your shortcomings, your strengths, your emotions--and He knows them better than even yourself.

When you return to His presence, you will know His voice better than any other man.  Many people say that when they finally see Jesus again, they will run to Him and give Him a great big hug.  I know with every fiber of my being that I will fall down on my face in pure love and worship of my Heavenly Father's only begotten Son.  He died and lived for me.

His life was filled with more physical pain than any man would scientifically be able to live through.  Yet He lived.  His life was riddled with more social outcast and ridicule than any man has ever or will ever encounter.  Yet He lived.  His life traversed the full spectrum of feelings of worthiness before our Heavenly Father, even so that He eventually felt what no man should feel--complete abandonment from our Father in Heaven.  Yet He lived.  He lived, and He lives today.  And He does so for you.

Don't forget Him.  He has never forgotten you.

I say these things in the name of Him who I could not live without, even Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment